Enforcement Data - Enforcement Summary
- Enforcement Policy & Reports
- Advisories Index
- Case Settlements
- Enforcement Data Portal
- Data: Enforcement Summary
- Data: Field Operations
- Data: Complaint Program
- Data: Portable Equipment Registration Program (PERP)
- Data: Stationary Sources
- Data: Training Program
- Data: Supplemental Environmental Projects (SEP)
- Data: Settlement Agreements
- Data: District Partnerships
- Data: Compliance Summary
- Data: Truck and Bus Regulation Compliance
Enforcement Division Web Administrator
The table below provides a high-level summary of CARB’s enforcement efforts in 2022 across three broad areas: cases, citations and streamlined enforcement.
- Enforcement cases are comprehensive audits of regulated parties to confirm compliance.
- Enforcement citations are issued for violations identified by CARB inspectors during a field inspection.
- The streamlined enforcement process is a semi-automated process that uses data analysis techniques to identify non-compliance with the Truck and Bus Regulation, the Periodic Smoke Inspection Program, and the Heavy-Duty Vehicle Inspection Program.
Violations discovered through any of these enforcement processes are typically resolved through a mutual settlement process.
For more information on how each of CARB’s programs contributed to the summarized results, please visit: Enforcement Summary Details.
|Program Category||Total Closed Enforcement Action (Cases and Citations)||Judgments||Settlements||Total Penalties Assessed|
|Enforcement Cases (Traditional Audits)||98||$2,100,000||$17,537,388||$19,637,388|
|Streamlined Enforcement Statistics||7,405||$0||$1,474,750||$1,474,750|
|Total Enforcement Actions||8,297||$2,100,000||$19,404,488||$21,504,488|
2022 Enforcement Summary Details
2022 ENFORCEMENT ANNUAL REPORT - SUMMARY DETAILS.XLSX · 17 KB
2022 Enforcement Data Full Download
2022 ENFORCEMENT ANNUAL REPORT - ALL DATA.XLSX · 109 KB