State and federal laws require that all public entities ensure that their programs, activities and services are accessible to persons with disabilities. One of the most important components of accessibility is ensuring that any communication with persons with disabilities is as effective as communications with others. The California Air Resources Board (CARB) will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodation for person with disabilities. CARB ensures equal employment opportunity of all persons, at all levels on the basis of merit. CARB prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability in its hiring or employment practices.
CARB will, to the best of our ability:
- Ensure that all meetings, conferences, training courses, and hearings sponsored by CARB are accessible, free from architectural and communication barriers.
- Upon request, provide auxiliary aides and services for persons with disabilities as needed to ensure program access, unless such accommodation would result in undue burden.
- Engage in interactive, courteous dialogue with the individual making a request for an accommodation.
- Provide publications in alternative formats such as in Braille, large print, computer disk / CD / DVD, or tape cassette. There will be no cost to the requester.
- For those who will be attending a meeting, CARB may provide sign language interpreters, assistive hearing devices or other types of accommodations upon request. There is no charge for this service.
Requests must be provided as soon as possible or no later than 10 (ten) business days before the event / meeting / hearing.
For questions, concerns, or requests regarding a disability-related accommodation, please contact:
- Voice Telephone: (916) 323-4916
- TTY / TDD / Speech-to-Speech: 7-1-1
- California Relay Service (CRS): (800) 735-2922 (Voice)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Program, ADA Coordinator
CARB is committed to making its websites equally accessible for all visitors. The websites are designed, developed, and maintained to comply with California Government Code Sections 7405 and 11135 and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
CARB continuously works on website accessibility improvements to meet the standards specified in WCAG 2.1 Level AA.
We strive to maintain all information at acceptable accessibility levels, but some of the older and historical documents, which provide value to our website visitors, may not meet the defined standards. If you are unable to view or access one of these documents, please contact us for assistance.
Difficulty Accessing Material
Contact us if there is any difficulty accessing material so the problem can be corrected and/or the information can be provided in an alternative format. Report any accessibility issues by contacting CARB Web Accessibility at (800) 242-4450.
If you use a teletypewriter device, contact the California Relay Service at 800-735-2929 and relay your question to CARB Web Accessibility at (800) 242-4450.
CARB’s website enable visitors to navigate through the pages using standard browser usability features and common assistive technologies.
All functionality on the website is available using a keyboard. Common keyboard shortcuts vary depending on the browser you use:
- Internet Explorer
CARB Web Accessibility | (800) 242-4450