State and federal laws require that all public entities ensure that their programs, activities and services are accessible to persons with disabilities. One of the most important components of accessibility is ensuring that any communication with persons with disabilities is as effective as communications with others. The California Air Resources Board (CARB) will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodation for person with disabilities. CARB ensures equal employment opportunity of all persons, at all levels on the basis of merit. CARB prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability in its hiring or employment practices.
CARB will, to the best of our ability:
- Ensure that all meetings, conferences, training courses, and hearings sponsored by CARB are accessible, free from architectural and communication barriers.
- Upon request, provide auxiliary aides and services for persons with disabilities as needed to ensure program access, unless such accommodation would result in undue burden.
- Engage in interactive, courteous dialogue with the individual making a request for an accommodation.
- Provide publications in alternative formats such as in Braille, large print, computer disk / CD / DVD, or tape cassette. There will be no cost to the requester.
- For those who will be attending a meeting, CARB may provide sign language interpreters, assistive hearing devices or other types of accommodations upon request. There is no charge for this service.
Requests must be provided as soon as possible or no later than 10 (ten) business days before the event / meeting / hearing.
If you find a document that cannot be read by an assistive device, please contact the webmaster.
For questions, concerns, or requests regarding a disability-related accommodation, please contact:
Equal Employment Opportunity Program, ADA Coordinator
c/o California Air Resources Board
1001 I Street
P.O. Box 2815
Sacramento, CA 95812
- Voice Telephone: (916) 323-4916
- TTY / TDD / Speech-to-Speech: 7-1-1
- California Relay Service (CRS): (800) 735-2922 (Voice)
- ADA Coordinator