Offset Project Registries
- Compliance Offset Program
- Cap-and-Trade Program
- ARB Offset Credit Issuance
- Compliance Offset Protocols
- Offset Project Operators
- Offset Project Registries
- Offset Protocol Task Force
- Requirements for Tribes
- Direct Environmental Benefits in the State (DEBS)
- Early Action Offset Credits
- Sector-Based Offset Credits
The Cap-and-Trade Regulation allows ARB to approve Offset Project Registries to help administer parts of the Compliance Offset Program. Offset Project Registries must meet specific regulatory criteria to be approved under the Regulation. Offset Project Registries will help facilitate the listing, reporting, and verification of offset projects developed using the Compliance Offset Protocols, and issue registry offset credits. Registry offset credits cannot be used for compliance with the Cap-and-Trade Program. Registry offset credits must be converted to ARB offset credits to be eligible for use in the Cap-and-Trade Program.
List of ARB Approved Offset Project Registries
All offset projects developed under an ARB Compliance Offset Protocol must be listed with an ARB approved Offset Project Registry. Offset Project Registries will help facilitate the listing, reporting, and verification of compliance offset projects, and issue registry offset credits. A list of approved Offset Project Registries can be found below.
Forms Made Available by Offset Project Registries
ARB has developed forms for use in the Compliance Offset Program. These forms may be used by program participants for submitting information related to listing, reporting, verification, and issuance of ARB offset credits. ARB will make all forms available on the Compliance Offset Program Forms webpage. In addition, each approved Offset Project Registry will make all forms available on its own public webpage.
Application for Potential Offset Project Registries
Offset Project Registries must be approved by ARB to perform registry services under ARB’s Compliance Offset Program. To become approved, potential Offset Project Registries must submit an application and meet the requirements for education and experience as defined in section 95986 of the Regulation.
- The application below must be completed and submitted to ARB to begin the Offset Project Registry application process. If the applicant satisfies all the requirements of the regulation, they will be notified of the dates and times of approved ARB Compliance Offset Program and Compliance Offset Protocol training classes. Upon successful completion of training classes by Registry Staff the Executive Officer may approve the Offset Project Registry. Submission of this form and checking the appropriate box in Part IV will also suffice for applying to be an Early Action Offset Program.
For questions or comments, contact Stephen Shelby at (916) 327-8228.