Guidance Documents - CTR
The following guidance documents are provided by CARB to assist reporters in complying with the Regulation for the Reporting of Criteria Air Pollutants and Toxic Air Contaminants (CTR). These guidance materials are provided solely for informational purposes to assist reporters in meeting the requirements of CTR, and do not and cannot create or alter any legal requirements of CTR. The finalized regulatory requirements are available through the CTR Regulation page.
General CTR Reporting Guidance
- Guidance for Reporting 2020 and 2021 Emissions Data including:
- Determination of applicability for reporting under the 2018 regulation
- Data subject to reporting for 2020 and 2021 data
- Guidance for Reporting 2022 and Future Emissions Data
- Guidance publication in fall of 2021
- To address reporting requirements under the 2020 amended regulation, with an expected final effective date of January 1, 2022
- The first reporting year for additional specified sources is 2022 data reported in 2023, with other sources phased in over time.
New Release Guidance Materials (2/22/22)
- Updated Unofficial CTR Regulatory Text
- Current Revised CTR Fact Sheet
- CTR Reporting Guidance 2022+ Emissions Data