Research Screening Committee
The Board's legislatively mandated Research Screening Committee (RSC) consists of scientists, engineers, and others knowledgeable, technically qualified, and experienced in air pollution problems. The Committee meets approximately 2-4 times a year to review proposed and completed research projects.
Current Committee Membership
- Professor Harold Cota, Ph.D., California State Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo
- Professor J.R. DeShazo, Ph.D., Luskin School of Public Affairs, University of California, Los Angeles
- William Eisenstein, Ph.D., Center for Resource Efficient Communities, University of California, Berkeley
- Philip Fine, Ph.D., South Coast Air Quality Management District, Deputy Executive Officer
- Professor Rachel Morello-Frosch, Ph.D., M.P.H., School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley
- Professor Suzanne Paulson, Ph.D., Dept. of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles
- Rashid Shaikh, Ph.D., Health Effects Institute (HEI), Director of Science
- Alan Vette, Ph.D., United States Environmental Protection Agency, Deputy National Program Director
- Tim Wallington, Ph.D., Ford Motor Company, Senior Technical Leader for Environmental Sciences
- Professor Yifang Zhu, Ph.D., Fielding School of Public Health, University of California, Los Angeles
For older meeting documents, visit the RSC archive.