Procedure to Obtain / Modify an eFILE Account
CARB-eFILE Account(s) for New and Existing Manufacturers
To obtain a CARB-eFILE account, manufacturers shall submit a request with the following applicable documents. For new manufacturers, please email the request to corresponding vault administrator(s) and eFILE@arb.ca.gov. For existing manufacturers, please email the request to your assigned CARB Staff and copy eFILE@arb.ca.gov.
- A letter of intent (LOI) from the manufacturer stating its intent to obtain certification. (Required for new manufacturers or existing manufacturers requesting to certify additional categories)
- An electronic signature letter (SIG LTR) following the guidelines established in ECCD-2022-03.
- A completed Excel contact sheet (Format Revised 3-28-2022). If a consultant is used, the “EO” contact cannot be a consultant. Also at this time, only two CARB-eFILE accounts will be created per vault per manufacturer.
- Copy of receipt for application from the EPA, stating the EPA manufacturer code. (Required for new manufacturers and existing manufacturers requesting name change)
- Shipping tracking number of hard copies of the LOI and SIG LTR.
Please address the “Letter of Intent” and the “Electronic Signature Letter” to:
Ms. Robin U. Lang, Chief
Emissions Certification and Compliance Division
California Air Resources Board
4001 Iowa Ave.
Riverside, California 92507
Attn. LOI and SIG LTR for CARB-eFILE
Once a complete request is received, CARB will review the documents and process the account request.
It is the manufacturer’s responsibility to update all contact information and notify CARB of changes in a timely manner. To report these changes, submit a request and include the applicable updated documents.