- The company must be a small business, meaning it has 100 or fewer employees, and $10 million or less in annual revenue, averaged over three years.
- The company must have their primary economic effect in California (at least 51% of total revenues generated or jobs created or retained in California.)
- Fleets must have 10 or fewer heavy-duty vehicles subject to the In-Use Truck and Bus Regulation.
Financeable Vehicles and Equipment
Loan proceeds may be used to purchase (not refinance) on-road heavy-duty vehicles and equipment to help fleet owners comply with the Truck and Bus Regulation. Potential products available for financing include:
- Trucks with 2007 – 2009 model year engines (must comply with 1.2 g/bhp-hr NOx standard).
- Trucks with 2010 and newer model year engines.
- CARB-verified diesel emission control systems (exhaust retrofits).
- The engines can use diesel fuel, compressed natural gas (CNG), liquefied natural gas (LNG) or other fuels.