Truck Loan Assistance Program
Back to All Program Fact Sheets
What does it fund?
Helps small-business fleet owners affected by CARB's In-Use Truck and Buses Regulation to secure financing for upgrading their fleets with newer trucks.
Who is eligible for funds?
Small business truck owners with 100 or fewer employees, $10 million or less in annual revenue averaged over three years, and fleets with 10 or fewer heavy-duty vehicles subject to the In-Use Truck and Bus Regulation.
Are there recent policy changes?
How does this program provide benefits to priority populations?
Creates financing opportunities for truck owners who fall below conventional lending criteria and are unable to qualify for traditional financing.
How do I access funds?
Apply for a loan through California Capital Access Program (CalCAP) lender. See the Program Summary for more detail.
Cumulative Outcomes as of November 2022
- $273 million allocated
- $219 million encumbered
- Approximately 50% of funding benefitting priority populations
- 40,500 trucks, retrofits and trailers funded
- This program does not have a quantified GHG emission benefit MTCO2e reduction.
- 17,900 tons of NOₓ reductions
- 595 tons of ROG/HC reductions
- Air Quality Improvement Fund
- Vehicle Inspection and Repair Fund
Last updated: February 2023