Air District Rule History
- Technology Clearinghouse
- User Guide
- Clearinghouse Tools
- Emergency Backup Power Options 2.0
- Tool: Current Air District Rules
- Tool: Air District Rule History
- Tool: CARB Regulations
- Tool: BACT Determinations
- Tool: BACT Guidelines
- Tool: Residential Appliances
- Tool: Residential Emergency Backup Power
- Tool: Commercial Emergency Backup Power
- Tool: Attainment Status Lookup
- Request: Next Gen Evaluation
- Standard Categorization Lists
- Training Videos
California's 35 local Air Pollution Control Districts (APCD) or Air Quality Management Districts (AQMD) are responsible for addressing emissions from stationary sources through permits and local rules. Additional information about district rules can be found on the main Air Districts Rules page.
This tool provides both current and historical data for air district rules. Historical data includes past amendments as well as rules that have been superseded, rescinded or renumbered and are no longer in effect. Please Note: historical data in this tool is a work in progress and we do not have a complete historical record. More detailed search capability is available for current rules using the current air district rules tool. Additional guidance for using this tool can be found at the bottom of this page.
This tool contains information for rules that are in effect as well as a historical record of rules that are no longer in effect. Any data labeled "current" is in effect. Any data labeled "historical" is not in effect.
Because this data is at a summary level, many rule details are not captured. For specific questions please refer to the rule text or contact the Air District which promulgated the rule. For specific historical data missing from this tool, please contact us. For information regarding inclusion of Air District rules in the State Implementation Plan (SIP), please see the CARB Rules Log Database.
For a general overview of Tableau features, please see the user guide.
Filter and Search
Use filter and search at the top of the tool to narrow down data of interest. You may filter for:
- All data, current data, or historical data
- Rules that are active (in effect) or have been renumbered, rescinded or superseded (are no longer in effect)
- By agency
You may also search the database using the search bar. The search returns an exact match to the regulation or rule title or citation.
Regulatory documents can be accessed by hovering over the "current or historical?" column. A popup with more information will appear. If rulemaking documents are available, there will be links to the documents at the bottom of the popup. The following document types may be available:
- Regulatory Text
- Underline/Strikeout Regulatory Text
- Staff Report
- Board Package (when multiple documents have been merged into one file they are listed as a "board package". This typically includes underline/strikeout rule text and staff reports if not provided elsewhere)
All or selected data can be downloaded using the download button at the bottom of the tool. If data download is grayed out, click on the table headers and try again.