PQAO Training Resources
The California Air Resources Board (CARB), U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA), and air monitoring organizations develop a variety of Primary Quality Assurance Organization (PQAO) trainings and tools for air monitoring staff and management to support air monitoring activities.
In Person Training
Please visit: 2024 PQAO Training for details and registration information for the next in person event on February 27-28, 2024, in Riverside, California.
The PQAO Training is a comprehensive air monitoring training designed for air monitoring staff and management at all levels, to expand the level of knowledge throughout all PQAOs in California. The PQAO Training provides continuing education and serves as a critical component of maintaining continuity, effectiveness, and efficiency within air monitoring programs. Presentations from past PQAO Trainings are available.
- Air Quality Systems (AQS) Training on U.S. EPA's Technology Transfer Network (TTN)
- CARB's "Air Academy Online Training"
- CARB's "Air Quality Training Program"
- EPA's Air Pollution Training Institute (APTI)
- PQAO Training Modules designed to emphasize the fundamentals in key areas of ambient air monitoring.
- PQAO Training presentations and videos - 2021 videos now available
- Training and conferences on U.S. EPA's Ambient Monitoring Technology Information Center (AMTIC)
Field Operator and Calibrator Training Plan
CARB’s field operator and calibrator training plan has been approved by U.S. EPA. It may be used as an example for creating a training plan tailored to your monitoring organization's requirements. A tracking system should also be implemented to ensure the completion of training by staff.