PQAO Training Resources
In Person Training
CARB, U.S. EPA, and local air districts are collaboratively developing PQAO Training Modules for air monitoring staff and management at all levels. The modules are designed to emphasize the fundamentals in key areas of ambient air monitoring.
- Air Quality Systems (AQS) Training on U.S. EPA's Technology Transfer Network (TTN)
- CARB's "Air Academy Online Training"
- CARB's "Air Quality Training Program"
- EPA's Air Pollution Training Institute (APTI)
- Heat Illness Prevention Program - training video
- PQAO Training presentations and videos - 2017 and 2019 PQAO videos now available
- Training and conferences on U.S. EPA's Ambient Monitoring Technology Information Center (AMTIC)
Field Operator and Calibrator Training Plan
CARB’s field operator and calibrator training plan has been approved by U.S. EPA. It may be used as an example for creating a training plan tailored to your district’s requirements. A tracking system should also be implemented to ensure the completion of training by staff.