Electricity Transmission and Distribution Greenhouse Gas Emissions: Annual Reporting
The Regulation for Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Gas Insulated Equipment requires all regulated entities to submit an annual report to the California Air Resources Board (CARB), by June 1 of each year (or first business day thereafter), for activities and emissions that occurred during the previous calendar year (data year).
- Data Year 2022-2024 Reporting Form
If you are using Microsoft Edge as your default browser, you may encounter an error message when opening the reporting form. Please ignore the error message and download the form via the blue “Download file” button at the top of your browser or access the form via another browser.
- GIE Reporting Form Supplemental Instructions for Data Year 2022-2024
- Webinar Recording: Reporting Updates for the Regulation for Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Gas-Insulated Equipment
If you are submitting a report for data year 2021 or a prior year, please contact Energy Section staff for a previous version of the reporting form.
There are two ways to report:
(1) Entities subject to CARB's Mandatory Greenhouse Gas Reporting Regulation (MRR) are required to submit their annual reports using the California Electronic Greenhouse Gas Reporting Tool (Cal e-GGRT). Please download the reporting form either from the link above or from your Cal e-GGRT account. As a reminder, Cal e-GGRT has built-in data validation checks to flag potential issues. Some flags may prevent report submission if the issue is not corrected. Please allocate sufficient time to work with this feature prior to the June 1 deadline. Cal e-GGRT users must upload and certify the report for the submission to be considered complete.
Please note that this Regulation is a separate regulation from MRR, with separate requirements and staff.
Log in to Cal e-GGRT
Cal e-GGRT Instructions
Email Cal e-GGRT technical support
(2) Entities not subject to MRR are encouraged to submit annual reports via Cal e-GGRT. If an entity elects not to report via Cal e-GGRT, they are encouraged to use the provided reporting form and submit it with a signed attestation. An attestation should include the name of entity, the data year for which the report is submitted, and the following statement pursuant to section 95355(c)(2) of the amended Regulation:
“I hereby certify that I am authorized to make this submission on behalf of the gas-insulated equipment owner for which the submission is made. I certify under penalty of law that I have personally examined, and am familiar with, the statements and information in this report or information submitted pursuant to title 17, California Code of Regulations, sections 95350-95359.1. Based on my inquiry of those individuals with primary responsibility for obtaining the information, I certify that the statements and information are, to the best of my knowledge and belief, true, accurate, and complete. I am aware that there are significant penalties for submitting false statements and information or omitting required statements and information, including the possibility of fine.”
Regulated entities may email the completed reporting form and a signed attestation to Energy Section staff. Those entities not reporting through Cal e-GGRT must also provide their physical and mailing addresses in their annual report submission.
For data year 2022, submissions certified through Cal e-GGRT, emailed, or postmarked after June 1, 2023 will be considered late.
For additional assistance with annual reporting, please contact Energy Section staff.