Fourth Year (2022) Community Recommendation and Identification
- Community Air Protection Program
- Community Air Protection Program Resource Center
- AB 617 Consultation Group
- AB 617 Annual Reporting and Progress Tracking
- Documentos en Español
- Community Recommendations
- Fifth Year (2023) Community Recommendation and Identification
- Fourth Year (2022) Community Recommendation and Identification
- Third Year (2020) Community Recommendation and Identification
- Second Year (2019) Community Recommendation and Identification
- First Year (2018) Community Recommendation and Identification
- Community Self-Nomination Submittals
- Data Sources for Developing Assessments
- Community Air Protection Blueprint
- Community Air Grants
- Environmental Justice Blog
- Community Air Protection Incentives
In June 2020, CARB staff released a list of communities recognized as having strong community support for future selection. For the next round of community selections, CARB recommended communities based on CARB Governing Board direction to:
- prioritize moving the air monitoring communities to emission reduction programs, if the community recommends and the data supports;
- consider the prior air district recommendations of communities not yet selected; and
- consider the community and community-based organization‑supported communities.
Given current funding levels, CARB staff selected a limited number of new communities in 2021.
Fourth Year (2022) Air District Submittals
Air Districts submitted recommendations for 2022Community Selections for the Community Air Protection Program.
Bay Area Air Quality Management District
Imperial County Air Pollution Control District
Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality Management District
San Diego County Air Pollution Control District
CARB Public Meeting on Draft Recommendations
CARB held a community meeting to discuss the 2022 Community Recommendations and Selection.
DATE: Tuesday, December 7, 2021
TIME: 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM
Video archives of the meeting
2021 Community Recommendations and Selection Virtual Meeting
Bienvenido al Taller de Recomendaciones de Comunidades AB 617 para el año 2021
In November 2021, staff updated the Table of Metrics for community assessments was updated with the latest available data.