Fourth Year (2022) Community Recommendation and Identification
- Community Air Protection Program
- Community Air Protection Program Resource Center
- AB 617 Consultation Group
- Annual Reporting and Progress Tracking
- Documentos en Español
- Community Selection
- Fifth Year (2023) Community Recommendation and Identification
- Fourth Year (2022) Community Recommendation and Identification
- Third Year (2021) Community Recommendation and Identification
- Second Year (2019) Community Recommendation and Identification
- First Year (2018) Community Recommendation and Identification
- Community Self-Nomination Submittals
- Data Sources for Developing Assessments
- Community Air Protection Blueprint
- Las Subvenciones del Aire en la Comunidad
- Environmental Justice Blog
- Community Air Protection Incentives
Fourth Annual Community Air Protection Program Recommendations Staff Report
Public Comment Submission
In June 2020, CARB staff released a list of communities recognized as having strong community support for future selection. For the next round of community selections, CARB recommended communities based on CARB Governing Board direction to:
- prioritize moving the air monitoring communities to emission reduction programs, if the community recommends and the data supports;
- consider the prior air district recommendations of communities not yet selected; and
- consider the community and community-based organization‑supported communities.
Given current funding levels, CARB staff selected a limited number of new communities in 2021.
Fourth Year (2022) Air District Submittals
Air Districts submitted recommendations for 2022Community Selections for the Community Air Protection Program.
Bay Area Air Quality Management District
2021/2022 Air District Assembly Bill 617 Community Emissions Reduction Plan Recommendation for CARB’s Community Air Protection Program
Imperial County Air Pollution Control District
Imperial County Community AB617 Community Nomination submitted in partnership with Comite Civico del Valle, Inc. (11/5/21)
Imperial County North End Community Nomination - Nomination Withdrawal (1/6/22)
Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality Management District
Sacramento Region Year 4 of AB 617 Community Air Protection Program (10/28/21)
San Diego County Air Pollution Control District
Community Air Protection Program Submittal for San Diego International Border Community (10/29/21)
CARB Public Meeting on Draft Recommendations
CARB held a community meeting to discuss the 2022 Community Recommendations and Selection.
DATE: Tuesday, December 7, 2021
TIME: 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM
Video archives of the meeting
2021 Community Recommendations and Selection Virtual Meeting
Bienvenido al Taller de Recomendaciones de Comunidades AB 617 para el año 2021
Diapositivas de presentación
In November 2021, staff updated the Table of Metrics for community assessments was updated with the latest available data.
Pre-recorded webinar on the 2021 Community Recommendation and Selection Process
Any questions can be directed to Laura Z.Schmidt or email@example.com.