Second Year (2019) Community Recommendation and Identification
- Community Air Protection Program
- Community Air Protection Program Resource Center
- AB 617 Consultation Group
- Annual Reporting and Progress Tracking
- Documentos en Español
- Community Selection
- Fifth Year (2023) Community Recommendation and Identification
- Fourth Year (2022) Community Recommendation and Identification
- Third Year (2021) Community Recommendation and Identification
- Second Year (2019) Community Recommendation and Identification
- First Year (2018) Community Recommendation and Identification
- Community Self-Nomination Submittals
- Data Sources for Developing Assessments
- Community Air Protection Blueprint
- Las Subvenciones del Aire en la Comunidad
- Environmental Justice Blog
- Community Air Protection Incentives
CARB Board Hearing on the 2019 Community Selection Process
December 12th and 13th, 2019
Board Presentation (English)
Board Presentation (en español)
2019 Community Recommendations Staff Report
Assembly Bill (AB) 617 (C. Garcia, Chapter 136, Statutes of 2017) requires CARB to annually consider selection of communities within which community air monitoring systems and/or community emissions reduction programs will be developed and implemented. CARB staff’s recommendations for the 2019 Community Selections is now available. Community selection is consistent with the requirements for community selection specified in statute and based on a number of factors including the Governing Board’s prior direction in 2018, nominations received in 2019, lessons learned from the initial ten communities, and funding levels provided by the legislature for Program implementation.
View and download the Staff Report
2019 Air District Submittals
Air District initial and final community recommendations.
Webinar to Discuss the 2019 Community Recommendations and Selection Process for the Community Air Protection Program
On October 30, 2019, The California Air Resources Board (CARB) hosted a webinar to discuss staff's draft recommendations for 2019 communities and the community selection process under Assembly Bill (AB) 617 and the Community Air Protection Program. Follow the above link to view and download meeting materials.
Community Nominations Received Since 2018
List of community nominations received since 2018.