Truck and Bus Regulation - Truck Regulations Advisory Committee (TRAC)
The California Air Resources Board (CARB) staff is committed to the successful implementation of the Truck and Bus regulation and the Heavy-Duty Diesel Greenhouse Gas Emission Reduction regulation. To assist in this effort, CARB has formed a truck regulations advisory committee (TRAC) to facilitate communication with its stakeholders and to obtain stakeholder feedback on the implementation tools used for these regulations. The goals of TRAC are to help CARB staff fine tune our outreach, training, and implementation materials and provide a mechanism for stakeholders to discuss other implementation issues.
The responsibilities of TRAC members include:
- Attend meetings that will be held approximately 4 times a year. The meetings may last from 2 to 6 hours each.
- Discuss and provide ideas on ways of reaching and assisting affected fleets.
- Review and provide feedback on CARB's training presentations, handouts, flyers, and fact sheets.
- Review and provide feedback on CARB's reporting and compliance planing tools.
- Review and provide feedback on advisories and guidance documents developed by ARB staff.
- Address other issues regarding regulation implementation.
Although we had to limit TRAC membership to a finite number, all members of the public are welcome to attend the meetings and there will be an open comment period at the end of each meeting.
TRAC has formed five subcommittees which include:
- Agriculture Subcommitee: focuses on obtaining feedback on implementation and educational needs specfic to trucks operated by agricultural and logging operations.
- Tractor-Trailer GHG Subcommittee: focuses on obtaining feedback on implementation and educational needs specific to the requirements of the Heavy-Duty Diesel Vehicle Greenhouse Gas Reduction Measure.
- Outreach Subcommittee: works with ARB staff on developing materials, training, and other outreach efforts to educate affected stakeholders on the Truck and Bus and the Tractor-Trailer GHG regulations.
- Reporting Subcommittee: provides feedback to ARB staff on the development of on-line reporting as required by both the Truck and Bus and the Tractor-Trailer GHG regulations.
- Small Business Subcommittee: focuses on obtaining feedback on implementation and educational needs specific to small businesses.
For questions related to the TRAC meetings, please contact the TRAC Industry Liaisons. For specific questions regarding TRAC membership, please contact Bruce Tuter at (916) 322-4710.