Heavy-Duty Greenhouse Gas Certification Programs: Instructions for New Manufacturers
Manufacturers wishing to apply for certification for the first time must complete several steps before submitting applications. Specifically:
- EPA Manufacturer Code: Manufacturers must register with the US EPA and receive an EPA manufacturer code.
- Letter of Intent: A physical letter on manufacturer letterhead from an authorized person directly employed by the manufacturer mailed to Emissions Certification and Compliance Division (ECCD) Chief which states the intent of the manufacturer to certify with CARB and summarizes what will be certified. EPA manufacturer code should be stated in this letter.
- Electronic Signatures Letter: A physical letter on manufacturer letterhead from an authorized person directly employed by the manufacturer mailed to the ECC Division Chief which states the names and includes actual signatures of persons authorized to sign documents uploaded electronically to the Document Management System (DMS). Further guidance is given in the Manufacturer Advisory Correspondence MAC 2007-01.
- Authorized Consultants Letter: A physical letter on manufacturer letterhead from an authorized person directly employed by the manufacturer mailed to the ECC Division Chief which authorizes specific persons to consult with CARB on the manufacturer's behalf.
- DMS Users Worksheet: A DMS Users Worksheet from an authorized person directly employed by the manufacturer emailed to the Primary Contact or DMS Contact which lists the persons to be granted access to the manufacturer directory of the Document Management System (DMS).
- DMS Training: All persons given an account in the Document Management System (DMS) must attend the monthly DMS training via teleconference before using the system. Please subscribe to be alerted to training events. DMS users must also become familiar with the DMS Documentation.
- Email Notification List: Manufacturers are kindly requested to subscribe to the email notification list to streamline announcements of program updates. It is possible to subscribe at the program webpage.
When these items are completed, the manufacturer will be assigned a CARB Manufacturer Code and a staff engineer to act as the primary CARB contact with the manufacturer for coordinating meetings, reviewing applications, and answering questions. Manufacturers must notify ARB whenever there are any changes in the preceding items.