2022 Haagen-Smit Clean Air Talks
CARB’s Haagen-Smit Awards recognize individuals for their exceptional and transformative contributions, widespread impacts, and novel accomplishments related to clean air and climate change. This year, CARB is pleased to present the seven individuals below with Haagen-Smit Awards.
Please join us for the Haagen-Smit Clean Air Talks where seven 2022 Haagen-Smit award winners will make a short (10-12 minute) presentation on their work. This event is open to the public.
Date: June 22, 2023
Time: 1:30-3:30 PM
Location: CalEPA Headquarters, Byron Sher Auditorium
Event Recording:CARB's YouTube Channel
- Peggy Shepard, co-founder and executive director of WE-ACT, awarded for Environmental Justice
- Prashant Gargava, Member Secretary of the Central Pollution Control Board of India, awarded for International Leadership
- Allen Goldstein, Professor at U.C. Berkeley, awarded for Science and Technology
- Bill Magavern, Policy Director for the Coalition for Clean Air, awarded for Policy
- Jonathan Samet, Dean/Professor at the Colorado School of Public Health awarded for Environmental Health Research
- Shankar Prasad, CARB/OEHHA (retired), awarded for Environmental Justice
- Daniel Albritton, former Director of NOAA’s Chemical Sciences Division, awarded for Policy. Unfortunately, Dan passed away last month. His long-time collaborator Susan Solomon will be giving a talk about his life’s work.