Enforcement Data - Portable Equipment Registration Program (PERP)
- Enforcement Policy & Reports
- Advisories Index
- Case Settlements
- Enforcement Data Portal
The Statewide Portable Equipment Registration Program (PERP) operates as a revenue neutral program that allows equipment owners to operate portable equipment throughout California without having to obtain individual permits from local air districts. As a voluntary program, PERP registers portable equipment such as air compressors, generators, concrete pumps, tub grinders, wood chippers, water pumps, drill rigs, pile drivers, rock drills, abrasive blasters, aggregate screening and crushing plants, and concrete batch plants. The data provided for calendar year 2022 lists the counts of new and renewed applications received. In these counts, the itemized data shows totals of issued registrations broken down by engine, equipment unit, or Tactical Support Equipment (TSE). These counts also list the number of incomplete and non-renewed applications, as well as itemized registration counts. The data also reflects the total amount of registration fees collected, and of that total, nearly half of the total amount contains inspection fees collected and distributed annually by CARB to the 35 air districts to reimburse for inspections conducted after PERP issues new and renewed registrations.
For more information on PERP, visit Portable Equipment Registration Program.
Portable Registration New Applications (2022)
|Action||Application Count||Registration Unit Count||Engine Unit Count||Equipment Unit Count||TSE Unit Count1|
Portable Registration Renewal Applications (2022)
|Action||Application Count||Registration Unit Count||Engine Unit Count||Equipment Unit Count|
|TSE Annual Reporting56||37||31||3,425||0|
Portable Registration Fee Totals (2022)
|Renewal Activity Net Fees||$5,912,411.35|
|All Other Activity Net Fees||$5,531,160.31|
|Total Net Revenue||$11,443,571.66|
- 1Tactical Support Equipment (TSE)
- 2Includes some applications from latter part of previous year – data based on date deemed incomplete.
- 3Multiple unit renewal applications include units that are renewed and those that are not renewed.
- 4See above note.
- 5TSE has different requirements in that one application/registration is designated for each base and only total unit counts are required based on facility information as of the end of previous calendar year.
- 6Includes only active TSE registrations which may include TSE registrations with 0 units; expired TSE registrations are not included.