Enforcement Data - District Partnerships
- Enforcement Policy & Reports
- Advisories Index
- Case Settlements
- Enforcement Data Portal
Local air districts and CARB share a common goal of protecting the environment and public health through regulations designed to reduce emissions from mobile and stationary sources, and enforcement of those regulations to ensure intended emissions reductions are achieved. Partnering together to efficiently pursue this common goal, while considering available resources, CARB and air districts have entered into Memorandums of Understanding (MOU) and contracts to help enforce both stationary and mobile source regulations. The table below details air districts that have entered into MOU’s or contract agreements to help support the enforcement of State regulations.
Partnership with Local Air Districts to Enforce CARB Programs (2022)
|Air District||Landfill Methane Regulation||Oil and Gas Methane Control Regulation1||SF6 Semi-conductor Operations2||Refrigerant Management Program||Specified Mobile Diesel Regulations3|
|El Dorado County||-||-||-||-||-|
|Northern Sonoma County||Yes||-||-||-||-|
|San Diego County||Yes||-||Yes||-||Yes|
|San Joaquin Valley||Yes||Yes||-||Yes4||-|
|San Luis Obispo County||Yes||Yes||-||-||-|
|Santa Barbara County||Yes||Yes||Yes||-||-|
- 1CARB has entered into agreements with some air districts authorizing local air district staff to implement and enforce CARB's oil and gas regulation.
- 2CARB does not have any agreements with air districts for SF6 Semiconductor Operations, however local air districts do assist CARB by collecting annual reports and submitting to CARB for enforcement and follow-up.
- 3CARB has entered into agreements with some air districts authorizing local air district staff to conduct specified inspections on CARB's behalf.
- 4SJAPCD inspects facilities identified by CARB to check for RMP applicability and compliance. This work occurred through a contract that is in place through reporting year 2022.
- 5South Coast AQMD enforces local rule 1415.1; it is equivalent to CARB's Refrigerant Management Program regulation.
- 6South Coast AQMD inspects facilities identified by CARB to check for RMP applicability and compliance. This work occurred through a contact that is in place through reporting year 2022.
- 7CARB has entered into agreements with the City of Los Angeles Board of Harbor Commissioners (POLA) authorizing POLA staff to conduct specified inspections on CARB's behalf.