- Transport Refrigeration Unit
- New Regulation Development
- 2022 Non-Truck TRU Fleet Survey
- Meetings & Workshops
- Technology Assessments
- Funding Assistance
- Compliance Information
Last updated August 28, 2023.
Manual CARB IDN Application (Registration) Forms
If there is no way that you can apply for a CARB Identification Number (IDN) electronically, submit both forms below.
- TRU ATCM Equipment Registration Form (TTD/FTB-029)
- TRU ATCM Model-Engine-Compliance Information Form (TTD/FTB-030)
- TRU Application Help
TRU OEM Reporting
The 2022 Amendments to the TRU ATCM, effective October 1, 2022, require TRU original equipment manufacturers (OEM) to submit monthly production reports to CARB for each TRU, TRU generator set, and zero-emission truck TRU produced for sale in California, North America, Canada, and Mexico during the previous calendar month. These reports are due to CARB by the end of the second business day of each month.
Third Party Agreement Forms
TRU ATCM Third Party Agreement Confirmation Form for LEASED Units (TTD/FTB-028): This form may be used by an owner (lessor), that conveys the use of their TRU or TRU generator set by lease agreement to an operator (lessee), to delegate the TRU ATCM responsibilities to the lessee if the rental or lease agreement is for a period of one year or longer. See TRU Advisory 08-04 for more details.
TRU ATCM Third Party Agreement Confirmation Form for CONTRACTORS/CONSULTANTS (TTD/FTB-031): This form may be used by an owner (lessor), that conveys the use of their TRU or TRU generator set by lease agreement to an operator (lessee), to delegate the TRU ATCM responsibilities for equipment reporting to a third party contractor or consultant.
Compliance Extension Applications
See TRU Compliance Extensions for instructions on completing and submitting these forms.
- Delays Due to Equipment Manufacture Delays, Installer Delays, or Private Financing (TTD/FTB-008)
- Delays Due to Installation of Zero-Emission Fueling Infrastructure (TTD/FTB-097)
- Delays Due to Unavailability of Compliance Technology (TTD/FTB-098)
- Safe Passage for Noncompliant TRU Traveling in California (TTD/FTB-006)
Compliance Exemption Applications
See TRU Compliance Exemptions for instructions on completing and submitting this form.
Notice of Requirement for Carriers to Comply with CARB's TRU ATCM
Letter Template for Notice from Hiring Business Entity to Carriers Regarding New Requirements (Español): The business entity (e.g. broker, forwarder, shipper, or receiver) that hires refrigerated carriers to transport perishable goods on California highways or railways should send a letter to the carriers they do business with, making them aware that the hiring business entity requires all of the refrigerated carriers they hire to comply with the TRU ATCM. The notice would also say the hiring business entity now requires refrigerated carriers to:
- Certify to the hiring business entity that they (the carrier) will only dispatch TRUs that comply with the TRU ATCM
- Register their TRUs in the ARBER system if they will travel on California highways or railways
- Print out the ARBER certification page for each TRU
- Send those pages to the broker, forwarder, shipper, or receiver
More detailed discussion about these letters and when to send them is now included at Item #11.A. in the recently updated Guidance for Brokers, Forwarders, Shippers, Receivers, Carriers, and Drivers on Hiring and Contracting TRU-Carrier Transport of Perishable Goods on California Highways and Railways (Español).
You may submit completed forms by email to email@example.com or mail to the following address:
California Air Resources Board
Transportation and Toxics Division (TRU)
PO Box 2815
Sacramento, CA 95812