VIP Project Eligibility and Incentive Amount
The following heavy-duty vehicle VIP projects are eligible for funding:
|New/Used Replacement Vehicle Purchase|
The purchase of a new or used vehicle with a 2013 model year or later engine certified to a FEL or Standard (STD) level of 0.20 grams per brake horsepower hour (g/bhp-hr) Oxides of Nitrogen (NOx) and 0.01 g/bhp-hr Particulate Matter (PM) or cleaner to replace the existing vehicle that is to be scrapped.
Minimum Participation Criteria
Air Districts have the discretion to set certain local eligibility requirements based upon local priorities. Fleet owners may be eligible for funding to replace the exisiting vehicle(s) to be scrapped.
Fleet owners that meet the following requirements may be eligible for funding:
- Owned and operated in California 75% of the time for the previous 2 years. Additional usage or residency requirements may apply in some districts.
- Fleets with 10 or fewer heavy-duty diesel vehicles.
- Old diesel or alternative fuel vehicles with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of 14,001 pounds or more.
- Operating a minimum of 6,000 miles per year or consuming 600 gallons of fuel per year or more depending on engine model year and GVWR during the previous two years.
- Replacement vehicle has a 2013 or newer engine that is at or below 0.20g/bhp-hr NOx and 0.01 g/bph-hr PM.
* See participating dealership for complete details.
Listed below are a range of funding amounts for each eligible VIP project type as described in the On-Road VIP Guidelines:
Maximum Funding Amounts for Carl Moyer VIP Projects
Funding Range Amounts
New Truck Replacement
Used Truck Replacement
The maximum grant amounts for a VIP project can be located in the On-Road VIP Guidelines, Appendix O.