Strategic Plan for Enforcement of Diesel Emissions Control Regulations
Assembly Bill 233 (Jones), known as the Healthy Heart and Lung Act (HHLA), requires ARB to develop a strategic plan for the enforcement of diesel emission control regulations.
Specifically, AB 233 requires ARB to:
- Review its existing enforcement of diesel emission control regulations and anticipated enforcement needs to implement ARB's Diesel Risk Reduction Plan and Emission Reduction Plan for Ports and Goods Movement with an updated review every three years;
- Develop a Strategic Plan for consistent, comprehensive and fair enforcement of these regulations. The strategic plan must include an assessment of the need for additional staff and technology resources, goals for inspection frequency for the next three years, an education and outreach component to increase public awareness and understanding of the diesel regulations, and training for local enforcement staff;
- Consult with the California air districts and the public in developing the strategic plan;
- Present the strategic plan for review by the Board at a Public Board Meeting;
- Submit the initial strategic plan to the relevant legislative policy and fiscal committees by January 1, 2009.