Table of Metrics - Update July 2021
In 2018, CARB staff developed a Statewide Assessment of the cumulative air pollution exposure burdens in impacted communities to help support staff’s recommendation of communities for consideration by the CARB Governing Board in the initial years of the Program. The statewide data in these tables of metrics intends to complement more detailed local community-level assessments that will be part of community recommendation submittals by air districts and community-based organizations.
In July 2021, CARB staff updated the table of metrics with the latest available data. Listed below are the updated data field:
Variable identified directly:
- DRAFT CalEnviroScreen 4.0
- California Healthy Places Index (CA Healthy Places Index)
- Cancer risk
- Cancer burden
Incorporated into variables
- California State Geoportal (schools)
- US Census Bureau (ozone percentile),
- American Community Survey (population, poverty)
- California Emissions Projection Analysis Model (CEPAM) (diesel PM and facility count for mobile, stationary, and area sources
- CARB’s Emissions Inventory (diesel PM), and Pollution Mapping Tool (large stationary sources).
CARB staff will draw on the data presented in Table of Metrics 2.0 along with analyses conducted by air districts and community-based organizations to support the Statewide Assessment.