Crude Oil and Natural Gas Industry Survey
Final Report (Revised): 2007 Oil and Gas Industry Survey Results, Final Report (Revised), October 2013 (posted November 1, 2013)
The 2007 Oil and Gas Industry Survey was mailed out to crude oil and natural gas production, processing, and storage facilities in California. The survey was completed by 325 companies representing over 1,600 facilities and approximately 97 percent of the 2007 crude oil and natural gas production in California. Emissions were calculated using equipment information from the survey and commonly used emission equations and emission factors listed in Appendix B of this report. Total emissions for equipment covered under this survey are estimated to be 17.7 million metric tons of CO2e. Combustion sources (equipment burning fuel for energy) account for 93 percent of the total CO2e emissions. The remaining 7 percent of the CO2e emissions, or about 1.3 million metric tons of CO2e, come from vented and fugitive sources, which are intentional and unintentional releases of gases to the atmosphere, respectively.
The following are archived materials related to the survey. These documents, including the Final Report (Revised) above, are available for download in the "Supporting Documents" section.
Final Report: 2007 Oil and Gas Industry Survey Results, Final Report, December 2011 (posted December 14, 2011)
Draft Report: 2007 Oil and Gas Industry Survey Results, Draft Report, August 2011
CARB staff had posted, for public review and comment, a draft report of the results from our 2007 Oil and Gas Industry Survey conducted in 2009. We were interested in all comments, but were especially interested in suggestions concerning how the data could be better summarized or displayed. Public comment period was closed on September 2, 2011.
December 8, 2009 Workshop on Draft Survey Results (Staff Presentation)
The following are downloadable survey documents mailed to all California oil and gas operators:
- Cover Letter
- General Instructions
- Oil& Gas Survey Tables
- Microsoft Access Electronic Template
- Microsoft Excel Electronic Template
Oil & Gas Industry Survey Training: On March 26, 2009, CARB staff conducted a training class in Bakersfield, California to assist operators with completing the Oil and Natural Gas Industry Survey.