MEDIA ADVISORY: Hydrogen-powered clean energy and car technology on display
SACRAMENTO - On Thursday, June 23 the Air Resources Board will host an event to showcase the latest advances in hydrogen fuel-cell powered automobiles and electricity production. On display will be technology from Multiquip, a bus from AC Transit, and fuel-cell powered vehicles from Honda, Hyundai, Mercedes, Nissan and Toyota.
- WHAT: Showcase of advanced hydrogen fuel-cell technology
- WHO: California Air Resources Board Chairman Mary D. Nichols
Representatives: Multiquip, AC Transit, Honda Hyundai, Mercedes, Nissan and Toyota
- WHEN: Thursday, June 23, 2011, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- WHERE: Cal/EPA Headquarters’ Courtyard, 1001 I St., Sacramento 95814
- Visuals: Cutting-edge car and energy production technology
NOTE: There will also be a presentation of hydrogen fuel-cell technologies at the ARB meeting from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. (2nd floor, Cal/EPA building)
Background: The Air Resources Board is striving to increase the number of zero-emission vehicles on California’s roads and highways by 2020. Thursday’s showcase will highlight the advances in a clean-energy technology that uses hydrogen as a fuel to produce electricity with water vapor as the only byproduct. This electricity can power buildings or factories, or propel cars, trucks and buses using highly efficient electric motors.