Virtual Listening Session: Increasing Access to Clean Transportation
The California Air Resources Board (CARB) invites you to participate in a listening session to have a conversation about what the State of California is doing to increase equitable access to clean transportation through the Advanced Clean Cars regulations, available incentive programs for cars and charging, and workforce development.
This virtual listening session is an opportunity to share with CARB staff your questions, thoughts, experiences, and/or suggestions on how CARB can help you and your community get better access to cleaner transportation options that fits your needs.
Date: June 29, 2021
Time: 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Call-In #: (214) 765-0479
Toll Free: (888) 278-0296
Clean transportation including zero-emission cars are critical to meeting California’s health-based air quality, climate change, and equity goals. To reach these goals, the state needs to pursue several strategies to support the equitable transition to zero-emission transportation. These strategies include, but are not limited to:
- The Advanced Clean Cars II rulemaking that seeks to establish the next set of pollution standards for passenger cars and zero-emission vehicle production requirements for automakers.
- A suite of incentive programs that include regional and statewide financial incentives for clean cars as well as charging options, and alternatives to car ownership such as car sharing and ride hailing.
- Support a robust recharging and refueling network to support these cars and contribute to California’s green economy.
- Increase workforce development to build a diverse workforce.
Please come and share your experiences and thoughts to help inform the future of the state’s clean transportation goals.
You Will Hear From
- Tyson Eckerle, Deputy Director, Zero Emission Vehicle Market Development, Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz)
- Marissa Williams, Manager, Light Duty Vehicle Regulations Section, Sustainable Transportation Communities Division, CARB
- Raquel Leon, Air Pollution Specialist, Mobile Source Control Division, CARB
- Mark Wenzel, Manager, Advanced Vehicle Infrastructure Office, California Energy Commission
- Larry Rillera, Air Pollution Specialist, Transportation Policy and Analysis Office, California Energy Commission
- Advanced Clean Cars
- Moving California
- Low Carbon Transportation Investments and Air Quality Improvement Program
- California Energy Commission Clean Transportation Program
- Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development Zero-Emission Vehicle Market Development Strategy
Post-Listening Session Survey
Please take this survey to tell us what you thought of our Listening Session. It should take less than 5-minutes to complete.
For questions regarding the meeting, contact Lisa Chiladakis, Air Pollution Specialist. If you require a special accommodation or need this document in an alternate format (i.e., Braille, large print) or another language, please contact Christine McDonough, as soon as possible. TTY/TDD/Speech to Speech users may dial 711 for the California Relay Service.
Join the Listening Session
Use this link to join the listening session on June 29th, 2021, or join the Zoom session using the call in number and passcode provided above.