Drayage Truck Registration Guidance
Register all drayage trucks intending to begin or continue operations at a California seaport or intermodal railyard in the Truck Regulation Upload, Compliance, and Reporting System (TRUCRS) database. Legacy (non-zero-emission) drayage trucks must register in TRUCRS by no later than December 31, 2023. Beginning January 1, 2024, only zero-emission drayage trucks will be able to register in TRUCRS.
Registration Steps for Drayage Trucks Previously Registered in the Air Resources Board Equipment Registration (ARBER) Drayage Truck Registry
If you had an existing account in CARB’s ARBER system, your reported information has already been transferred into TRUCRS. You will need to verify that your transferred fleet information is accurate and complete in TRUCRS.
- Access your TRUCRS account -
- Create a new password using your Username and email address at the following link: TRUCRS Password Reset (https://ssl.arb.ca.gov/ssldoors/doors_reporting/forgot_password.html?pr…). Note: New Usernames have been created in TRUCRS for transferred ARBER accounts. TRUCRS Usernames and other account information will be sent to the email address previously registered in ARBER.
- After you reset your password, log in to TRUCRS.
- Update Your TRUCRS Account - The TRUCRS Online Reporting Guide (https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/sites/default/files/2023-07/2023-TRUCRS-Reportin…) provides information on how to register a drayage truck, edit vehicle information, or report company information.When registering your drayage trucks in TRUCRS, select either vehicle body type “Tractor - Drayage Day Cab” or “Tractor - Drayage Sleeper Cab.”
- Once logged in to your new account, verify the accuracy of your fleet information.
- Update truck information as needed and add legacy combustion drayage trucks that you intend to begin or continue operations at a California seaport or intermodal railyard. Complete this no later than December 31, 2023.
- Consolidate TRUCRS Accounts - Please consolidate duplicate accounts, using the following steps:
- Ensure that the account you would like to maintain contains accurate and complete information for your fleet.
- Delete your other account by selecting the “Delete Fleet” link under the Update or Delete Company column in the TRUCRS Account Home page; a pop-up screen will ask you to confirm the deletion request; select “yes” if you wish to continue with the deletion. An email confirming the deletion will be sent to the email address used when the account was updated above, and will provide 72 hours to cancel the deletion. You also have the option to send in the hard copy form (https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/resources/documents/mscdtactb-157-update-account…) to close your account.
Registration Steps for Drayage Trucks Not Previously Registered in ARBER
- Create a New TRUCRS Account - To create a new TRUCRS account, click on Create New Account on the TRUCRS website (https://ssl.arb.ca.gov/trucrs_reporting/login.php). If you are unsure whether your company already has an account, please contact the CARB Hotline at (866) 634-3735 or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for help.
- Update Your TRUCRS Account - The TRUCRS Online Reporting Guide (https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/sites/default/files/2023-07/2023-TRUCRS-Reportin…) provides you information on how to register a drayage truck, edit vehicle information, or report company information.When registering your drayage trucks in TRUCRS, select either vehicle body type “Drayage Tractor Day Cab” or “Drayage Tractor Sleeper Cab.”
If you have any questions regarding the new requirements or your account or drayage trucks status in TRUCRS, please contact the CARB Hotline and let them know you need help with your drayage account at (866) 634-3735 or by email (email@example.com).
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently asked questions and answers will be added here as they are developed.