Vendor Device Certification
- Clean Truck Check (HD I/M)
- Tester Training Course & Exam
- DMV Registration Notice with CARB Non-Compliant Vehicle Warning
- Fact Sheets, Guides, & Videos
- Reporting Database
- Upcoming Requirements
- Credentialed Testers
- OBD Test Devices
- Smoke Opacity Manufacturers with SAE J1667-Compatible Meters
- Vehicle Emissions Control Equipment Inspection Form
- Vendor Device Certification
- Job Opportunities
- Meetings & Workshops
The following information is for On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) device vendors pursuing CARB certification to participate in the Clean Truck Check.
The OBD testing device certification establishes the process that OBD device vendors must go through to demonstrate that their devices meet the requirements of the Regulation. Upon successful demonstration, CARB will issue the vendor an Executive Order allowing for sale and use of the device within the program.
- California Standards for Heavy-Duty On-Board Diagnostic Devices contains vendor device certification requirements.
- Final Regulation Order contains the full regulation requiring periodic vehicle emissions testing and reporting on nearly all heavy-duty vehicles operating in California.
- Submit a vendor test plan and perform vendor initial validation device testing based on CARB's approved test plan
- Submit certification application package during the open collection period: June 1 to 30, 2023
- Perform required vendor field testing following CARB approval
- Work directly with CARB staff to complete the certification process
To inquire about device certification process and details, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: “Interested Vendor, Device Certification Inquiry.”