AB 32 Environmental Justice Advisory Committee Meeting
The California Air Resources Board (CARB) is hosting a virtual public meeting for the Assembly Bill (AB) 32 Environmental Justice Advisory Committee (EJAC). The virtual meeting is open to the public and includes a public comment period.
Date: January 25, 2022
Time: 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Introductions and Opening Remarks
- Update on Tribal Representative: CARB will provide an update on activities to ensure Tribal representation on the EJAC.
- Update on Technical Assistance: EJAC may hear a report back from EJAC Co-Chairs on technical assistance to support the EJAC.
- Report back from Community Engagement Working Group & Co-Chairs: The EJAC may hear a report back from the Community Engagement working group; discuss community engagement efforts and may discuss and may take action to approve a community engagement plan. The EJAC may hear from Co-Chairs on the proposed work plan.
- High-Level Review of the 2017 EJAC Recommendations and CARB Responses and Progress relative to the 2017 Scoping Plan:CARB will walk through CARB’s responses to the 2017 EJAC recommendations, and provide a progress update since the 2017 Scoping Plan.
- Update on PATHWAYS Scenario Modeling Assumptions: The EJAC will hear an update from CARB on the PATHWAYS modeling assumptions for the 2022 Scoping Plan Update, and how EJAC recommendations on scenario modeling inputs were incorporated into agency assumptions.
- Public Comment
- Discussion of Expectations for the 2022 EJAC Process: CARB and the EJAC will review and discuss shared expectations for EJAC involvement in the 2022 Scoping Plan process.
- Discussion of next meeting agenda topics: The EJAC may discuss and take action to set agenda topics for the next EJAC meeting.