Clean Truck Check (HD I/M)
- Clean Truck Check (HD I/M)
- Fact Sheets & FAQs
- Tester Training Course and Exam
- Available For Hire Credentialed Testers
- OBD Test Devices
- Smoke Opacity Manufacturers with SAE J1667-Compatible Meters
- Vehicle Emissions Control Equipment Inspection Form
- Vendor Device Certification
- Job Opportunities to work as a HD I/M Referee
- Meetings & Workshops
Senate Bill 210 (Leyva; Chapter 298, Statutes of 2019) directed CARB to develop and implement a comprehensive heavy-duty vehicle inspection and maintenance (HD I/M) regulation to ensure that vehicles’ emissions control systems are properly functioning when traveling on California’s roadways. The Board approved the regulation on December 9, 2021, with implementation to be phased in starting January 2023. Dubbed the Clean Truck Check, the program combines periodic vehicle testing requirements with other emissions monitoring techniques and expanded enforcement strategies to identify vehicles in need of emissions related repairs and ensure any needed repairs are performed. When fully implemented, the program will provide significant reductions in smog-forming and carcinogenic toxic air pollution necessary to achieve federal air quality mandates and healthy air in California’s communities.
More about this program
Keep up to date with the latest information regarding the Clean Truck Check (Heavy-Duty Vehicle Inspection and Maintenance).