Complaints- Idling Vehicles
Report an idling vehicle
Idling buses and other vehicles at or near schools are detrimental to the health of Californians. You can help reduce the harmful air pollutants caused by idling vehicles by completing the following form. The CARB will be in contact with the vehicle owner to address the issue. Call CARB's Vehicle Complaint Hotline, at 1-800-END-SMOG (1-800-363-7664).
Please have this information ready to report:
- Commercial Vehicle Type
- License Plate Number
- Vehicle Company Name and Number
- Date, Time, and Location of the Incident
- Approximate Year of the Vehicle
- Make and Model of the Vehicle
Rail Yard Complaint
You can use any of the following options to report idling or smoking locomotives:
- Phone numbers for Railroad Companies:
- Union Pacific Railroad: 1-888-877-7267
- BNSF Railway: 1-800-832-5452
- List of Rail Yards and corresponding Air District Phone Numbers. If you can't find the rail yard listed above, please contact your local air pollution control or air quality management district .
- CARB's Vehicle Complaint Hotline at 1-800-END-SMOG (1-800-363-7664).