Public Workshop - Proposed Amendments to Enhanced Vapor Recovery Regulations
California Air Resources Board (CARB) staff invites you to participate in a public workshop to discuss proposed regulatory amendments to CARB’s certification and test procedures for vapor recovery systems at gasoline dispensing facilities (gas stations). The goal of the workshop is to provide information and solicit input on a suite of proposed regulatory amendments that include:
- Revising the in-station diagnostics (ISD) system overpressure alarm criteria, improving and clarifying ISD report content, and providing more options for ISD communication ports, such as USB or Bluetooth, in addition to the currently required RS232 port;
- Making the nozzle spillage standard more stringent to preserve superior performance achieved by currently certified equipment, and avoid backsliding;
- Revising Phase I drop tube compliance test procedures to allow for remote fill configurations for gas stations equipped with underground storage tanks;
- Requiring vapor recovery equipment manufacturers to provide physical samples of the system or components that successfully comply with applicable performance standards or specifications; and
- Various administrative changes to clarify and improve the certification and test procedures for better regulatory certainty and enforceability.
The workshop will be held on Tuesday, May 5, 2020 via remote access. A toll-free teleconference line (listen only) and webinar will be available; please see below for teleconference and webinar details. During the workshop, attendees can submit written questions via email to email@example.com.
Remote Access Public Workshop
DATE: Tuesday, May 5, 2020
TIME: 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Remote Access Only
*After registering for the webinar, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
If you have difficulties in accessing the teleconference line or webinar on the day of the workshop, please call (916) 324-6300.