ADF Regulation Stage 1 Application: Optimus Technologies
The Alternative Diesel Fuels (ADF) regulation governs the introduction and use of innovative alternative diesel fuels in California, while preserving or enhancing public health, the environment, and the emissions benefits of the existing motor vehicle diesel fuel regulations. The regulation consists of two major parts: 1) a three stage process for ADFs to be introduced into the California market including, if necessary, a determination of mitigation measures needed to ensure no degradation in air quality, and 2) in-use requirements for biodiesel as the first ADF.
Pursuant to section 2293.5(a)(1) of the ADF regulation, Optimus Technologies (Optimus) submitted a Stage 1 application on January 13, 2021, for the use of B100 with the Optimus Vector System (Vector System). The Optimus ADF Stage 1 application was deemed complete on June 25, 2021.
In accordance with the ADF regulation section 2293.5 (a)(3)(A), CARB is posting Optimus’ redacted application for 30 business days for public comments. Per 2293.5(a)(3)(A), only comments related to potential factual or methodological errors or the candidate ADF’s impacts to public health or the environment may be considered.
Within 30 business days after close of the comment period, Optimus shall either make revisions to its application and submit those revisions to CARB or submit a detailed written response to CARB explaining why no revisions are necessary.
Optimus’ redacted application is available for public comments from August 18, 2021 to September 30, 2021. Please submit comments by email to email@example.com. Submitted comments will be forwarded to Optimus for appropriate response.
Below is the list of, and links to, all documents submitted in support of the Optimus Stage 1 application. The Optimus application package is divided into four manageable size files.
- Part 1: Optimus Stage 1 Application, section 2293.5(a)(1) and Appendix A-D, G-J
- Part 2: Appendix E Biodiesel Handling and Use
- Part 3: Appendix F Multimedia Report
- Part 4: Optimus Technologies Overview (Commercial)
List of Appendices and Supporting Documents:
- Optimus Stage 1 Application submission, section 2293.5(a)(1)
- Appendix A – Fleet Details
- Appendix B – Supplemental Fleet Information
- Appendix C – Fill Rite Flow Meter Specification
- Appendix D – REG B100 SDS
- Appendix E – Biodiesel Handling and Use
- Appendix F – Multimedia Report
- Appendix G – Optimus Variance Granted
- Appendix H – Fuel Variance Application
- Appendix I – CARB Aftermarket Parts Executive Order Details
- Appendix J – Section (M) Supplement
- Optimus Technologies Overview (Commercial)