Clean Off-Road Equipment Voucher Incentive Project
What does it fund?
Vouchers are used to purchase zero-emission off-road equipment such as forklifts, transport refrigeration units, construction and agricultural equipment, and terminal trucks.
Who is eligible for funds?
Public and private off-road equipment operators.
Are there recent policy changes?
In 2022, the program added new equipment categories such as construction and agriculture equipment, switcher locomotives, and commercial harbor craft.
How does this program provide benefits to priority populations?
Purchasers may be eligible for a 10 percent enhancement of the base voucher amount for equipment deployed in a priority population. Communities benefit from zero-emission equipment replacing the diesel equipment/vehicles that would have otherwise contributed to local air pollution.
How do I access funds?
Cumulative Outcomes as of November 2022
- $508 million allocated
- $238.8 million encumbered
- $19.5 million benefitting priority populations*
- 1,430 vehicles, engines and equipment implemented
- 23,100 MTCO2e GHG reductions*
- 52.6 tons of NOₓ reductions*
- 5 tons of ROG/HC reductions*
- 0.841 tons of PM reductions*
*Values based on the portion of the projects funded through California Climate Investments.
- Air Pollution Control Fund
- Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund
Last updated: February 2023