Public Webinar on Implementation of EVSE Standards
California Air Resources Board (CARB) staff invites you to participate in a public webinar presenting implementation activities including compliance deadlines, reporting to the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, and considerations for the proposed technology review.
The next compliance milestone is for electric vehicle service providers to report EVSE location information to the National Renewable Energy Laboratory’s (NREL) Alternative Fuels Data Center. During the webinar, NREL staff will provide an overview on reporting EVSE location information to NREL.
CARB staff are assessing EVSE technology for an upcoming technology review. Topics for inclusion in the review along with information sources and references available for the review will be discussed during the webinar.
Related materials will be available on the Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) Standards webpage prior to the webinar.
DATE: October 26, 2020
TIME: 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
CALL-IN #: (562) 247-8422
MEETING ID: 624-069-417
The EVSE Standards regulation establishes EVSE requirements that will build driver confidence in accessing public charging infrastructure.
- Chargers must be accessible to drivers regardless of membership in an Electric Vehicle Service Provider’s (EVSP) network.
- EVSPs must operate credit card readers and mobile payment options on Level 2 and direct current fast charger EVSE allowing payment by members and non-members at EVSE locations that require payment.
- Each EVSE must have a sticker informing drivers of voltage and amperage capabilities of the unit.
- EVSPs must post all fees associated with a charging session.
- The interoperable billing standard Open Charge Point Interface must be installed on each EVSE.
- EVSPs must report new, current and decommissioned EVSE locations and access information to the National Renewable Energy Laboratory’s Alternative Fuels Data Center and CARB. The information reported includes pricing, EVSE model and location information.
If you require special accommodation or need this document in an alternate format (e.g., Braille, large print) or another language, please contact Joseph Knaus as soon as possible. TTY/TDD/Speech to Speech users may dial 711 for the California Relay Service.
We welcome and encourage your participation. If you have questions about the webinar, please contact Stephanie Palmer, Air Resources Engineer, Zero Emission Vehicle Implementation Section (916) 322-7620 or Elise Keddie, Manager, Zero Emission Vehicle Implementation Section at (916) 323-8974.
Register for Webinar
Use this link to register and log in to participate in the webinar. During the webinar, we will accept questions and comments provided through the webinar service.