AB 32 Environmental Justice Advisory Committee Meeting
In accordance with Assembly Bill 361 as extended by Governor Newsom’s Executive Order N-1-22, the February 28, 2022 meeting of the Environmental Justice Advisory Committee will not have a physical location open to the public. It will be a remote-only meeting conducted via a web-based videoconferencing service called Zoom.
The California Air Resources Board (CARB) is hosting a virtual public meeting for the Assembly Bill (AB) 32 Environmental Justice Advisory Committee (EJAC). The virtual meeting is open to the public and includes a public comment period.
Date: February 28, 2022
Time: 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Introductions and Opening Remarks
- CARB Updates on the 2022 Scoping Plan development schedule and Tribal Representative: The EJAC will hear updates from CARB staff on 2022 Scoping Plan development activities including EJAC meetings and an update on the status of adding Tribal representation to the EJAC. The EJAC may take action regarding input on the schedule, including future EJAC meetings and community engagement.
- Agenda Development for the March 10th Joint EJAC CARB Meeting: The EJAC may discuss and take action to set agenda topics for the Joint EJAC CARB Meeting.
- Vote on support of letter from Environmental Justice Organizations on Addressing Public Health and Equity in the 2022 Scoping Plan Update: The EJAC may consider and take a vote on the request to lend support to the letter and/or incorporate letter content into EJAC recommendations to CARB.
- Public Comment
- Review of Draft EJAC Recommendations: The EJAC will review and discuss draft recommendations from working groups and may take action to approve recommendations to submit to CARB for consideration in the development of the Draft Scoping Plan.
- Public Comment