AB 32 Environmental Justice Advisory Committee Meeting
In accordance with Assembly Bill 361 as extended by Governor Newsom’s Executive Order N-1-22, the February 8, 2022 meeting of the Environmental Justice Advisory Committee will not have a physical location open to the public. It will be a remote-only meeting conducted via a web-based videoconferencing service called Zoom.
The California Air Resources Board (CARB) is hosting a virtual public meeting for the Assembly Bill (AB) 32 Environmental Justice Advisory Committee (EJAC). The virtual meeting is open to the public and includes a public comment period.
Date: February 8, 2022
Time: 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Introductions and Opening Remarks
- CARB Updates on the 2022 Scoping Plan development schedule and Tribal Representative: The EJAC will hear updates from CARB staff on 2022 Scoping Plan development activities including EJAC meetings and an update on the status of adding Tribal representation to the EJAC. The EJAC may take action regarding input on the schedule, including future EJAC meetings and community engagement.
- Impacts and Benefits of AB 32 and Health Discussion with the Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA): The EJAC will have a deep dive discussion with OEHHA about impacts and benefits of AB 32 and health. The EJAC may take action to draft recommendations during this discussion.
- Presentation on CARB’s AB 617 Community Air Protection Program Technology Clearinghouse: The EJAC will hear from CARB staff about the statewide Technology Clearinghouse that identifies the best technologies for reducing emissions of criteria pollutants and toxic air contaminants.
- Transportation Justice presentation: The EJAC will hear from the Environmental Health Coalition about their work on the10 Transit Lifelines campaign in San Diego and how it can shape EJAC recommendations for the Scoping Plan.
- Public Comment
- Discussion of next meeting agenda topics: The EJAC may discuss and take action to set agenda topics for the next EJAC meeting.