Smoke Opacity Manufacturers with SAE J1667-Compatible Meters
- Clean Truck Check (HD I/M)
- Tester Training Course & Exam
- DMV Registration Notice with CARB Non-Compliant Vehicle Warning
- Fact Sheets, Guides, & Videos
- Reporting Database
- Upcoming Requirements
- Credentialed Testers
- OBD Test Devices
- Smoke Opacity Manufacturers with SAE J1667-Compatible Meters
- Vehicle Emissions Control Equipment Inspection Form
- Vendor Device Certification
- Job Opportunities
- Meetings & Workshops
When performing compliance tests on non-OBD vehicles, a credentialed tester must use a SAE J1667-compatible smoke meter to conduct the smoke opacity test. Another component of the Clean Truck Check compliance test for non-OBD vehicles is the visual inspection. Credentialed testers must use the Vehicle Emissions Control Equipment Inspection Form to conduct the visual inspection.
To obtain information on smoke meter manufacturers that have declared that their meters meet the SAE J1667 specifications, visit Smoke Meter Manufacturers. It is the responsibility of a credentialed Tester to coordinate with a smoke meter manufacturer to ensure that their specific smoke meter model is SAE J1667-compatible. The SAE J1667 Recommended Practice Snap Acceleration Smoke Test Procedure for Heavy-Duty Powered Vehicles are also available.