VIP Project Eligibility and Incentive Amount
The following heavy-duty vehicle VIP projects are eligible for funding:
|New/Used Replacement Vehicle Purchase|
The purchase of a new or used vehicle with a certified zero-emission standard to replace the existing vehicle that is to be scrapped.
Minimum Participation Criteria
Air Districts have the discretion to set certain local eligibility requirements based upon local priorities. Fleet owners may be eligible for funding to replace the existing vehicle(s) to be scrapped.
Fleet owners that meet the following requirements may be eligible for funding:
- Owned and operated in California 75% of the time for the previous 2 years. Additional usage or residency requirements may apply in some districts.
- Fleets with 10 or fewer heavy-duty diesel vehicles.
- Old diesel or alternative fuel vehicles with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of 14,001 pounds or more.
- Operating a minimum annual usage consistent with Appendix O in miles per year or gallons of fuel per year depending on engine model year and GVWR during the previous two 12-month periods in the previous 30 months.
- Replacement vehicle has a motor or powertrain that is certified to the zero-emission standard depending on eligibility and criteria requirements met.
* See participating dealerships for complete details.
Listed below are a range of funding amounts for each eligible VIP project type as described in the On-Road VIP Guidelines:
Maximum Funding Amounts for Carl Moyer VIP Projects
Funding Range Amounts
New Zero-Emission Truck Replacement
The maximum grant amounts for a VIP project can be located in the On-Road VIP Guidelines, Appendix O.