Fuel cells are energy producing devices that create electricity by a chemical reaction.. Since no combustion takes place, benefits from fuel cells include:
- zero or near-zero smog-forming emissions,
- reduced water pollution from oil leaks,
- lower greenhouse gas emissions (CO2),
- higher fuel economy,
- greater engine efficiency,
- quieter and vibration free operation.
Fuel cells can supply electricity and heat for stationary sources, as well as power for cars, and trucks and other mobile equipment.
Keep up to date with the latest information regarding fuel cell activities in California.