Loan Assistance Program
Loan assistance is available to qualified trucking fleets with 10 or fewer heavy-duty vehicles. Additional program criteria requires that an eligible trucking company meet basic requirements by qualifying as a small business (fewer than 100 employees), generate less than $10 million in annual revenue, and operate primarily in California.
Loan assistance is available for:
- Used and new trucks with 2010 and newer model year engines CARB-certified to 2010 and later model year emission standards.
- The engines can use diesel fuel, compressed natural gas (CNG), liquefied natural gas (LNG), or other fuels including zero-emission technology.
- Trailers may be eligible for financing only in conjunction with an eligible tractor.
To apply to this program:
- The borrower applies for a loan at a participating CalCAP lender by filling out the Borrower Eligibility Criteria and Self-Certification Form (Sample Form). CalCAP lenders and truck dealerships may be able to assist the borrower in completing this form. In addition, the borrower completes the lender’s required loan application forms.
- If the borrower qualifies based on the lender’s loan underwriting standards, loan documents are prepared and signed by the borrower and lender.
- Lender disburses funds to the borrower.