The entire array of the California Air Resources Board (CARB) technical capabilities regarding emergency response is displayed below. "Technical Capabilities" describes the range of functions that the field staff are capable of performing while on deployment.
- Gas and particulate plume modeling using real-time onsite weather data including NARAC, ALOHA, ISCST, and HYSPLIT.
- Evaluate emission rates and estimate source term for models.
- Provide background data for pre-incident concentration comparisons
- Provide air quality information to local health officials for assessing potential health and safety impacts to surrounding communities.
- Maintain public health assessment resources for emergency response.
Field Support & Communication
- 23-foot field surveillance vehicle with internet connectivity, video monitors, generator, equipment storage, and workstations for a deployment team of four.