1. What is FRRS?
A new online registration system called the Freight Regulations Reporting System (FRRS) is replacing the existing Air Resources Board Equipment Registration system (ARBER). FRRS will provide enhancements that include an updated look and feel, a more intuitive and easier to use design, and additional functionality and features. FRRS is currently under development.
2. Do I have to do anything?
Yes. When the new system is launched, you will be required to reset your password the first time you access your account. We also recommend updating your information in ARBER, but no special action is required on your part.
3. What is changing?
FRRS will look different from ARBER, but the system will have the same functionality. Some actions will be performed differently.
- Signing In - You will sign in with your email instead of a username
- Password Resets - You will be able to reset your password online
- Transfers - You will be able to submit transfer requests online
- Batch Uploads - You will be able to easily register multiple trucks and TRUs at the same time
4. I have links to ARBER saved, do I have to update them?
No. If you have bookmarked any links in the current system, they will be redirected to the new system
5. Will there be any training or guides offered to help adjust to the new system?
Yes. The California Air Resources Board will be providing instructional videos and user guides on new features and changes prior to launch. You will find them on the FRRS Help page, when available.
6. How can I stay informed?
- Ensure your contact information in ARBER is up to date
- Subscribe to our listserv by clicking the Subscribe button in the menu on the left
- Visit this website for updates, user guides, and videos
- Email or call the ARBER Help Line