Electrical Generation Technologies Guidance Documents
Senate Bill 1298 required CARB to develop guidance for electrical generation technologies that are subject to district permits. These technologies include larger turbines and reciprocating engines. The purpose of the guidance is to assist the districts in making permitting decisions for these types of technologies. The guidance includes recommended Best Available Control Technology levels and suggested permit conditions.
To access the full guidance document including appendices A through E, click on the blue DOWNLOAD button. To view individual components use the links below.
- Guidelines: Guidance for the Permitting of Electrical Generation Technologies
- Appendix A: California Senate Bill 1298 (Bowen and Peace)
- Appendix B: Supporting Material for Best Available Control Technology (BACT) Review for Electrical Generation Technologies
- Appendix C: Procedure for Converting Emission Data to lb/MW-hr
- Appendix D: Quantifying Combined Heat and Power (CHP) Benefits
- Appendix E: Sample Permit Conditions